The Jump Start Program
(Level 1 Ski Instructor Course and Certification)
The Hotham Academy Jump Start Program is a comprehensive 7 day course and exam run in conjunction with the APSI. The objective of this course is to provide you with all the knowledge and skills needed to achieve your goal of becoming a Level 1 certified ski instructor with the APSI. During the Jump Start course you will work on all aspects of your skiing and ski instruction theory making sure you enter the Level 1 course confident and prepared.
The Academies staff are some of the finest instructor trainers in the country and bring a wealth of experience and passion to these programs. You will get to ski and learn from the best of the best including APSI National Demo Team members and Level 4 Examiners. The intensive week long curriculum will cover all the elements you need to become a great snow sports instructor.
- 7 days of on snow training with the best instructor trainers in the country at Mt. Hotham alpine resort.
- 5 hrs of on-snow coaching each day.
- On snow video analysis and review.
- Personal Ski improvement.
- Skiing Demonstrations and Teaching Progressions.
- Indoor Technical and Theory sessions.
- Access to all the instructional materials you will need.
- APSI Membership, Teaching Manual and Course/Exam Fees
- Academy Instructor T-shirt/Apparel.
- Demo skis available to try.
7 Days: $1760
(inc. APSI Membership, Teaching Manual and 4 day Pre-course and Assessment conducted by APSI Trainers) (min. of 4 people is needed for courses to run. Closing date for registration is 2 weeks prior to course starting date. Prices do not include lift tickets. Participants must be 16 years or older at the start of the course.)
June 21st – 27th, 2021
(Ski – CLOSED)
July 10th – 16th, 2021